iOS jailbreak is the process that offers complete freedom to your iDevice. In a nutshell, jailbreak allows you to run programs that are otherwise not approved by Apple. It makes it possible to extend the capabilities of your device in an exciting way.
Jailbreak iOS allows a user to gain complete access to the iOS so that they can download apps or features that are not available through the Apple’s official store.
If a user wish to run a software which is not approved or offered by Apple, jailbreaking is the right option. So, what you know about a “tethered jailbreak“?It simply means that your device must be connected to a computer whenever you boot the device. But the device can be powered without the help of a computer if you are going for an “untethered jailbreak”.
iOS Jailbreak Tools
Different iOS jailbreaking tools were developed over the course of time and it is now possible to jailbreak nay Apple device with any version of OS.It includes:
Getting Started With Untethered Jailbreak:
- The requirements include a compatible hardware like iPhone 4 GSM, iPad Touch (3rd and 4th generation), iPad 1 and iPhone 3GS
- iTunes latest version (10.2.2)
- Before you begin, update your device to iOS 4.3.3
- Download the required tool ( RedsnOw 0.9.6rc15)
- According to the device under consideration, download iOS 4.3.3 IPSW
Jailbreaking iOS 4.3.3 with Redsn0w 0.9.6rc15
- Launch the Redsn0w 0.9.6rc15 and look up for the downloaded iOS 4.3.3 IPSW firmware file.
- Follow the onscreen instructions carefully and Redsnow will easily offer the jailbreak session.
- If you want to enable any option, select on that particular option and proceed. For example, click on “Install Cydia” and click on “Next” to enable it.
- Hope you are clear with the instructions. Now you can need to turn off your device and connect it to your computer and click Next when it is finished.
- To change your iPhone into DFU mode, carefully follow the onscreen instructions. The instructions are:
- Hold down the Power button for about 1 second, continue to hold it while holding the Home button for another 10 seconds, release the Power button but continue holding the Home button for 15 seconds more. The jailbreak will automatically start when these instructions are successfully followed.
The above procedure will kick start the installation of the jailbreak. When finished with the jailbreak, your iPhone will automatically reboot and will be jailbroken!
How-to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 (UNTETHERED!) Video
If you can find the Cydia icon on the homescreen of your iOS device, congrats! You have successfully jailbroken your iPHone using RedsnOw 0.9.6rc15.