The intel core i7-3920XM is an appreciable 3rd generation processor with 4 cores and 8 threads. It comes with advanced features and this extreme edition gives maximum turbo frequency of 3.8GHz. Let us first have a precise comparison of intel’s Core i7, core i5 and core i3 processors.
This quad-core third generation processor is based on the latest ivy bridge architecture. The advanced Hyperthreading technology helps in the maximum utilization of CPU. Each of the CPU core can offer clock speed up to 3.6GHz. Overclocking is made easy with the help of an unlocked multiplicator.
What is Ivy Bridge Architecture?
The Ivy Bridge marks the start of tri-gate transistors and the 22-nm die shrink of the previous architecture (Sandy Bridge) offers optimum performance. A change from 32nm to 22nm is highly beneficial in term of efficiency and power consumption. The 3920XM processor is a mobile processor with this architecture.
Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Specs
The specifications can be outlined as:
- Intel Smart Cache – 8 MB,Clock Speed – 2.9 GHz
- Instruction Set – 64-bit
- Lithography – 22 nm
- Max Memory Size – 32 GB (dependent on memory type)
- Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency – 1.3 GHz
- Graphics Base Frequency – 650 MHz
- Processor Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Memory Types – DDR3/L/-RS 1333/1600
- Max Memory Bandwidth – 25.6 GB/s
- Memory Channels – 2
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology – 2.0
- Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology
- Intel® Anti-Theft Technology
- 4G WiMAX Wireless Technology