Top and best smartphones of 2011 is a tough question to answer in the midst of equally competitive mobile brands. 2011 was indubitably the year that we saw plethora of battle in all price tags, from cheap Android smartphones to high-end Apple phones. Now the next query is definitely about the smartphones for 2012. Let us take a brief look on all the popular brands of 2011 and outline the best phones of that year.
In the super-phone stream, we have come across dual-core smartphones with 3D and qHD screens. The launch of iPhone 4S and equally challenging android smartphones, made 2011 a memorable year. Smartphone is not just a phone any more; it has manifested its position as a vital requisite of people in these times. Apple, Dell, Sony Ericson, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC, Nokia and Google are on stage to compete well in this race.
1. Samsung Galaxy Nexus
The Samsung Galaxy Nexus bagged the first position in terms of usability and popularity. It just transforms the whole phone industry. Why? With Super AMOLED HD display, Android 4.0(Ice Cream Sandwich) and curved fascia adds a lace to the overall look and performance of this smartphone. The features include:
- Face reader( helps to unlock the phone)
- 1.2GH dual core CPU (Powerful performance)
- NFC enabled – (Android beam)
- Voice typing
- High-end camera-5MP
- Stylish design and slim(8.84 mm)
- High speed connectivity (3G HSPA+)
The price of Samsung Nexus Prime will cost 429 pounds (678 USD) (£514.80/814 USD including VAT) in the UK.
2. iPhone 4S
With iPhone 4S, Apple marked a revolutionary change in this platform with a phone that is tagged with incredible features including Siri. The specs include:
- Retina display
- 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 8-megapixel camera
- Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
- Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 14 hours on 2G (GSM)
- AirPlay Mirroring to Apple TV support at 720p
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz only)
- Dual Core A5 CPU (2x faster processor)
The iPhone 4S price is 16GB for $199, 32GB $299 and$399 for 64GB .
3. Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy S2 is yet another amazing smartphone from Samsungwhich hit the market in an unbelievable sequence. It packs a dual-core Exynos processor which is running at a zippy 1.2GHz. The high-end design features and the Gorilla glass screen makes it a valuable possession in terms of look and aestheticism. The 1GB RAM make it sure that all the apps get sufficient memory. The play of less-saturated colors and sharp effects makes in even better. The specs include:
- Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen 4.3″ (16M colors)
- Dimensions – 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm
- Android Platform 2.3 (Gingerbread) and planned upgrade to v4.0
- Memory – 16GB/32GB and MicroSD (up to 32GB)
- GPRS- Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots), 32 – 48 kbps
- Camera- 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- CPU- Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9
- Battery- Up to 710 h (2G) / Up to 610 h (3G
There are many other excellent smartphone in 2011. But here we have mentioned only the top 3 based on certain criterias like user acceptance, performance and popularity.